University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick has been an established tradition in the Maritimes for more than 200 years. Through these two centuries of educational leadership, UNB has remained at the forefront of Canadian universities. Our students earn more national graduate fellowships than any other institution in the Atlantic region and our research programs are among the finest in the country, with more than $38 million worth of grants and contracts awarded annually.
For more information please visit UNB web site: http//www.unb.ca
St. Thomas University’s
The origin of St. Thomas University dates back to 1910. At that time, the Most Reverend Thomas F. Barry, Bishop of Chatham, invited the Basilian Fathers of Toronto to assume charge of an institution in Chatham, New Brunswick, providing education for boys at the secondary and junior college levels. The institution was called St. Thomas College.
The Basilian Fathers remained at St. Thomas until 1923. That year the school was placed under the direction of the clergy of the Diocese of Chatham. In 1938, the Diocese of Chatham became the Diocese of Bathurst. In 1959, a section of Northumberland County, including within its territorial limits St. Thomas College, was transferred from the Diocese of Bathurst to the Diocese of Saint John.
For more information please visit St. Thomas University web site: http://w3.stu.ca