Basic Potato Kugel – Parve
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Peal and coarsely grate 8 medium potatoes
2. Peal and grate 2 medium onions
3. Combine in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes
4. In another large bowl combine 6 eggs, ½ cup oil, 4-5 tablespoons matzah meal, ½ tablespoon salt, and ½ tsp. pepper.
5. Squeeze out excess liquid from the potato /
onion mixture and add to the egg / matzah mixture.
Mix until well combined.
6. Pour into a greased 9 by 13 pan.
7. Bake uncovered for 1 hour…top will be golden brown and knife inserted in center will come out clean.
Delicious as a side dish with fish or meat!!!!!!
Submitted by Eileen DuGuay